Friday, January 29, 2010

Jazzfest.....

Can't believe I'm missing this....

Line up..... Pearl Jam, Simon and Garfunkel, Aretha, Van "The Man" Morrison, Lionel Richie, Anita Baker, Neville Brothers, Allman Brothers Band, My Morning Jacket, Widespread Panic among hundreds scheduled to appear at the 41st annual Jazz and Heritage Festival in New Orleans.

It is one of my dreams in life to attend this festival, and it looks as if another year will go by without me being there. I can't complain too much because I will be on the island of St. Croix during this, but its still going to be tough to miss this line up. Shit I would make the trip to see Van, Aretha and Simon and Garfunkel alone not to mention throwing Anita Baker and My Morning Jacket in...insane!

Last year one of my friends made the trip down to this historic event and her stories were priceless. People playing music on the streets, the community feeling, the celebration of jazz. I can not wait for that one year that I too make the trip down. Until then I will have to watch these and think of what it must have been like to be a part of this event.



No comments:

Post a Comment