Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Jack White at Roseland Ballroom

Last night I had the unique opportunity to listen to the Jack White show live from NYC's famed Roseland Ballroom on my living room couch. It was a special that Sirius/XM was having on one of their stations and it was a treat to be able to get a sneak peak of what his tour will be like this summer. 

All fans of Jack White would have been impressed by last nights performance. I am actually looking forward to talking to my friend Christian who was actually in the room to see the difference between hearing and seeing live. I have a feeling that both him and I had a great time. 

The show was pretty much non stop with only a few pauses in between songs. The only real long pause was for a joke he told to the audience. The set list was pretty varied, playing songs from the variety of bands that he has been apart of over the last few years, but most of the songs came from his latest album, Blunderbuss. 

My favorite part of the show was the encore which included my favorite Raconteurs song "Steady, As She Goes" and then went into a delightful new song "Take Me With You When You Go". He put a close to the night with the White Stripes song "Seven Nation Army" and the whole thing seemed to be taken to a new level with the singalong to the bass riff. 

All and all Jack did what he does best. Put on a damn good rock and roll show. Bravo. Here is the set list. 

Set list:
Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground 
Missing Pieces
Sixteen Saltines
Hypocritical Kiss
I Cut Like a Buffalo 
Top Yourself 
Two Against One 
Black Math 
Hello Operator 
Weep Themselves to Sleep
You Know That I Know
Blunderbuss 
Ball and Biscuit 
--
Freedom At 21
Steady As She Goes
Take Me With You When You Go
Catch Hell Blues
Seven Nation Army

No comments:

Post a Comment