Thursday, June 17, 2010

King of Everything

I know I've talked at length about this girl on my blog before but I absolutely adore her and her music. Sara Bareilles was a breath of fresh air when she hit the music scene with the ever so catch "Love Song" a few years back. But to anyone who was smart enough to buy her debut cd found an artist that digs much deeper than the pop hit sensations you are likely to hear on the radio. She is just a fantastic voice. Her piano based music is new and different. Her voice is unique enough to help her stand out and her lyrics are just incredible. Definatly one of my quick favorites. Her second cd is set to drop in a few weeks and you can bet I will be one of the first on line.

This is her new single "King of Anything" and its just stellar. The lines:

"All my life I've tried,
to make everybody happy while I
Just hurt and hide
Waiting for someone to tell me its my time to decide"

Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment