Thursday, June 3, 2010

Up To The Moutain

All this talk about acoustic music. This song takes the cake. This artist takes the cake. Just sit back, watch and listen Patty Griffin just tear up the stage at a MLK tribute. The way she sings these words are just lovely. She is the greatest.

And what a song by the way, can I just say that...what a fantastically written song!

I went up to the mountain. Because you asked me to
Up over the clouds, To where the sky was blue
I could see all around me. Everywhere
I could see all around me. Everywhere

Sometimes I feel like, I've never been nothing but tired
And I'll be walking. Till the day I expire
Sometimes I lay down . No more can I do
But then I go on again. Because you ask me to

Some days I look down. Afraid I will fall
And though the sun shines. I see nothing at all
Then I hear your sweet voice, oh
Oh, come and then go, come and then go
Telling me softly. You love me so

The peaceful valley. Just over the mountain
The peaceful valley. Few come to know
I may never get there. Ever in this lifetime
But sooner or later. It's there I will go
Sooner or later. It's there I will go

No comments:

Post a Comment