Thursday, August 19, 2010

Can't Believe Its Been Two Years....

It was two years ago today that the world lost an amazing talent in Saxophonist LeRoi Moore. Most famous as a founding member of the popular Dave Matthews Band, this man completely transformed the way that the saxophone is used in music today.

I was one of the lucky ones who was there at the Nissan Pavillion during his last performance and well its one I will never forget in my life.

What LeRoi brought to the Dave Matthews Band was the cool, quite, calm to their rowdy shows. He was highlighted on such songs as Bartender (which he co-wrote) and Loving Wings. Yet his presence was everywhere! To me, he is what made me like the band so much. I have a big thing for the horn sound. Its so rich and full, it just makes any band better.

So yeah, I can not believe its been two years since this man was taken from us. Since his passing, I have gone back to see some DMB shows. They have some kick ass people filling in for him, but you can't help but think how much that song would have been different with a little touch from LeRoi.

I hope that he has found a pretty bad ass band up there in Heaven for him to join. Because as we all know, he is truly missed around here...

No comments:

Post a Comment