Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Long and Winding Road

Everyone who knows me or has been in my apartment knows that I am obsessed with two pieces of art. Well two concepts really. One is a chair at the end of a dock. The other is a long, road with no end in sight.

Example One:
(While above is not the one I own, its close)

My favorite photo of all time I own I stole off my mothers wall when I left to go for college. I couldn't not live in a house without it. It wasn't going to happen. She was mad at first, but then I think she truly understood how much I loved that piece of art. This piece continues to hang in a prominent part of my apartment. A place where I am sure to see it every single day. I have always said that I know my life is complete when I own something similar to that picture. When I have a dock or a place to sit looking out into infinity. Its the picture of peace for me. The one thing that I believe, I will always be chasing.

Example Two:

My other favorites is a series of photos that I have. They are all of winding roads deep in the middle of nowhere. It could be in the country, it could be a dirt road, it could be a path, in all of them you can not see an ending. Do you know what I feel when I see these? My path in life. The path in this life that I have chosen for myself is not terribly easy. I have made some wrong turns, learned some life lessons, but I continue to move along this path with every passing day. When I look forward I don't see an ending, when I look back I can't see a beginning for the road is not straight. Yet every path that I do choose ends up being beautiful. I don't do things easy. I take a winding path in the road of life and well I wouldn't choose it any other way.


I do believe in my heart that these are the two converging themes of my life. "A Picture of Peace" and "A Road Less Traveled". Well and if I spend the rest of my days chasing these two things, I do believe I will be eternally happy. What are the themes in your life? Have you recognized them yet? Do you have symbols inside your house that reminds you of them? If not? Why.

**Okay well that is all the insights for today....and probably enough for a year....:)**

No comments:

Post a Comment