Wednesday, August 18, 2010

True Blood On Rolling Stone...Appropriate???

Okay this has something to do with music and a whole lot to do with pop culture, so its finding a place on my blog.

I have subscribed to Rolling Stone since I was in High School. I love the magazine, I always have. The articles are (usually) great and the subject matters are usually spot on. But lately some of the things they have been putting out are just plain old weird. I mean come on they changed the size of the cover! That in itself is a tragedy.

I can't help but thinking that parents across the country will be holding their kids eyes in the lines of super markets this week with the new cover featuring the starts of HBO's new hit show True Blood. I do not watch this show, lot of my friends do. But thats not the point. The point is.... "is this cover shot appropriate"?

Remember when Britney Spears hit the cover back in her prime, laying on the bed talking on the telephone. That caused an UPROAR. These people are naked!

And no I'm not a prude, I'm just thinking....really? Is that really necessary? The show plays on HBO, keep this kind of entertainment for adult eyes only, not kids on the internet or in line to buy cheerios.

No comments:

Post a Comment