Monday, August 16, 2010

Eat Pray Love

Been a rough day. I need a break for a little. Tonight I will be heading to see this. Say about it what you will but it continues to be one of the best books I have ever read in my life. For nothing else but to read the story of the courage it takes for one woman to completely change her path in life. To step out. Take a risk. Not all have either the opportunity, the means or the guts to do it. But when someone does, boy does the world take notice.

Why?

Easy. Its against the norm. Its what your not supposed to do. Its what everyone when they are in their twenties say that its the way they will live. But nobody ever does. People get put into a rut, into a routine. It becomes easy just to wake up and just follow, to be a sheep.

I like to think that I am not a sheep. I don't do things normally. I don't follow rules. I probably am not doing everything I should be doing, but you know what I'm free. I feel good. Every day is exciting. I noticed this a lot more after I finished Elizabeth Gilberts book. I noticed it because in her I saw little pieces of me. Just a little (I'm still too young to have many of her life experiences) but her way of thinking is what I strive to be.

I need a reminder of this tonight. A little escape into a world of food, prayer and love.

And well with music like this its sure to be a pleasant two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment