Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Only Living Boy In NY

Last night I was listening to the radio and this song came across. Its one of my favorite Simon and Garfunkel tunes because of one line and one line only. This line cuts through me like a knife. I've always loved it. Loved it for years and years and years.

I always told myself that if I was FORCED to get a tattoo (because lets face it forcing would be the only way, I'm terrified of needles). But if I had to it would be a tough decision between two things. First would be a sunflower (mine and my mothers favorite flower) or it would be the line from this song. I just think that it sums up my life quite well. That and well, I think it could make a pretty cool tattoo if placed in the right spot.

"I've Got Nothing To Do Today But Smile....."

Its so simple, yet so complicated at the same time. I really could talk about those eight words for a long long time, but I'll spare you the rambles.

If you ever need more of an explanation just ask. But until then just think about that phrase, and think about how you should be living your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment