Thursday, August 5, 2010

Wyclef For President of... Haiti?

Okay I'm not going to lie. I've always been a big fan of Wyclef Jean. And I'm talking about a fan from way back when. Back when his music group was The Fugees and he would run around the stage with L.Boogie and Praz. Those were the days, then he went solo. He got really really big, and now wait whats that? He is actually running for President of Haiti.

And while this is not a political blog so I won't go all off, but I think that this is a FANTASTIC move. He is someone that the people respects. He has actively throughout his career brought attention back to his homeland. After the earthquake he was down there immediately helping out anywhere he could. I think that this actually could be a good move for him. He was quoted saying that this was his 20 year goal, but after the events of the last few years he realized...."why wait".

Bravo Wyclef. Bravo. Way to use your celebrity for good.

Lindsay Lohan take notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment