Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Nicki Minaj - Fly


Say what you will about this girl but she is KILLING the rap game right now. 

Last night I was listening to her album Pink Friday and came across this song "Fly" feat Rihanna. 

Its great for many reasons, but most being the last verse that Nicki raps. 

I must have listened to this verse 80 times in 5 minutes. 

"everybody wanna try to box me in
suffocating everytime it locks me in
paint they own pictures than they crop me in
but I will remain where the top begins

cause I am not a word, I am not a line
I am not a girl that can ever be defined
I am not fly, I am levitation
I represent an entire generation 

I hear the criticism loud and clear
that is how I know that the time is near
so we become alive in a time of fear
and I ain't got no muthaf-cking time to spare"

Fly girl Fly

No comments:

Post a Comment