Friday, July 16, 2010

Christina Perri

While watching my daily dose of reality tv last night I came across a special performance on "So You Think You Can Dance". It was the debut tv appearance by Christina Perri, someone that I'm sure to be talking a lot about in the future. I loved her performance, her song, her style everything just worked. Not only is the song hauntingly beautiful but the tone of her voice fits it like a glove.

Oh and a fun fact about this girl. She was unknown before a dancer from the show used one of her pieces in their performance. The reaction to her song from that performance was so overwhelming that they asked her to come on Thursday night to perform. She was unsigned before her performance last night of this song. And yup, she woke up this morning as a signed recording artist. Crazy what one magical tv performance will do for a career.

"I hear you're asking all around
if I am anywhere to be found
but I have grown too strong to ever fall back in your arms"

No comments:

Post a Comment