Thursday, July 22, 2010

Quotations

Yesterday at work I was working on finding some quotations that perfectly described my job, volunteering and what it means to give back. I found some truly inspirational quotes, not only about volunteers but about life in general. It got me thinking about how much I enjoy quotes. Growing up I had a quote book, a place where I would collect all of my favorite ones. Yes I had my dork card quite early in life.

But quotations have followed me around for what seems like forever. I just love them. I like hearing what words of wisdom we can learn from people before hand, and well sometimes it just puts some things back into perspective. Then there are those that just make you laugh and remember to never take things too seriously.

So the following are some of my favorite quotes about what is important here.... MUSIC.

~Enjoy~

"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music" -Angela Monet

"Music speaks what can not be expressed, sooths the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart, and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul"

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninov

"When people hear good music, it makes them homesick for something they never had, and never will have" - Edgar Howe

"Music is love in search of a word" -Sidonie Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment