Thursday, July 1, 2010

King of Anything

Here it is, I have been talking about it on this blog a few times over the last few weeks but I'm really excited for this video premiere and well her entire album. This video is as close to perfect as they get. It beautifully depits the song in a literal way while keeping its style and fantastic bursts of color. I particularly like the part where she is singing on the bus with a brass band behind her. Why? Well who doesn't want to sing along on a bus with a brass band... I know I do.

So here it is my favorite song of the summer. The song that literally is written about someone who just gets too much advice and well she is sick of it. She wants to stop listening to everyone else and just live her own life. Because really "who made you king of anything". I'm 100% behind that line.


No comments:

Post a Comment