Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Poor Form Rolling Stone

I am shocked and saddened by the choice that Rolling Stone magazine has made with their cover article this week. I will not show the picture here because I think it plays into everything that is wrong with the media in 2013 and if you want to have that conversation with me I promise it will be a good one (and long one). 

Usually the cover of R.S. has been reserved for musicians, actors and even politicians but the choice to put Boston Marathon bombing suspect on the cover has angered and outraged many.... and for good reason. R.S. says that they want to reveal 'how a popular, promising student was failed by his family, fell into radical Islam, and became a monster". And to that I say who cares. This is a man who took the lives of many, shattered a city and caused chaos for days. Why glorify him? Why give him any more attention then he is already getting?
I don't really have anything else to say but I"m saddened by the choice that R.S. has made and my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims, their families and the city of Boston during this difficult time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment