Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Thinking About You Always

A few years ago to this day I got a phone call that would forever change the course of my life. It was my friend Colleen letting me know that our good friend Emily passed away in a rock climbing accident in Seattle. My world froze. Slowly through the years it has begun to thaw out but not without every single day thinking about my friend and how lucky I was to have her in my life the years that I did.
 
I do not like July 2nd. Never a great day in my eyes since that phone call. But today I want to change that.
 
Today I choose to be happy. Today I choose to live. Today I choose to laugh. I do this because I know its what Emily would have wanted.
 
I miss you my friend but I know wherever it is you are you are happy, smiling and jumping around with more energy then everyone around you combined.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment