Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Going the Distance

Well I'm inspired, yet again. Over the last few weeks I have been battling with my mind over an array of things. Big thing being the purpose of my life or what I am here to actually do.

My answer. There is none. I need to be happy, I need to be free from anything or anyone bringing me down, and that my purpose of my existence will show itself when it is ready. Until that point I must do all things possible to continue down a path of happiness doing anything and everything on this journey.

Part of this is getting myself back in touch with my athletics healthy side. Anyone who knew me for the first 18 years of my life knew that I was an athlete. I have an uncanny ability to pick up different sports really easily and have enjoyed being back in shape these last few years of my life. A lot of this has been because I have started to run again, nothing big, but I am putting on sneakers a few times a week and going out and doing it and it feels great.

So its time for a big goal. To be inspired. To do something that I never thought I would do.

Today I signed myself up for the Richmond Half Marathon. Yes. A half marathon. I don't really know what I'm thinking but I'm thinking about how gratifying it will be to cross that finish line. To put this goal behind me and to continue down the path of happiness.

I know many of you ask, how the heck am I going to find happiness during a 13 mile race?

Don't worry, I'm sure I will... Especially when my running soundtracks usually start off with this song.


No comments:

Post a Comment