Monday, May 31, 2010

My Way

I don't know if I have admitted this before but I'm kind of obsessed with Frank Sinatra. I don't know if I even need to even explain why. I just find him absolutely facinating. Maybe its the old school Italian from NY in me but there is something about his story. His songs. His swagger. His crew. The way that he did things that nobody will ever repeat.

And then I think to his song "My Way". And all I can think about, is imagine if this was your life. Imagine getting up on a stage and singing these lyrics (below). You gotta be happy with yourself. This song is about living, not apologizing, not regretting but being proud of yourself. Knowing your journey. Appreciating those that are along with it. And know that you did it your own way. How beautiful.

I really don't know but something touches me with this song. His version. His boisterous voice, getting louder and louder, with more and more passion. Its simple. Its complete. He did it HIS WAY.

"And now the end is near, and so I face the final curtain
My friend I'll say it clear, I'll state my case of which I'm certain

I've lived a life that's full, I traveled each and every highway
And more, much more than this, I did it my way

Regrets, I've had a few but then again, too few to mention
I did what I had to do, and saw it without exemption

I planned each charted course, each careful step along the byway
And more, much more than this. I did it my way

Yes there were times I'm sure you knew,
When I bit off more than I could chew
But through it all when there was doubt
I ate it up and spit it out, I faced it all.
And stood tall and did it my way

I've loved, I've laughed and cried. I've had my fill, my share of losing
And now as tears subside, I find it all so amusing

To think I did all that, And may I say not in a shy way
Oh no, oh no, not me. I did it my way.

For what is a man what has he got, if not him self then he has not
To say the things, he truly feels, and not the words of one who kneels
The record shows I took the blows
And did it my way.

Yes, it was my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment