Warning! Warning! This post may actually ruin you today. Just a fair warning. I was over on Buzzfeed earlier this morning wasting time before a big meeting when I found this article that made me at first laugh... but then that laughter turned to tears when I realized how true some of these facts really were.
The title of the post said it all. "The 12 Extremely Disappointing Facts About Popular Music". Hold on to your hats people some of these will leave you thinking...."WTF". Can't say I didn't warn you.
1. Creed has sold more records in the US than Jimi Hendrix
2. Led Zeppelin, REM and Depeche Mode have never had a number one single, Rihanna has had 10.
3. Ke$ha's "Tick Tock" has sold more than any Beatles single.
4. Flow Rida's "Low" has sold 8 million copies. That is the same amount as the Beatles "Hey Jude".
5. The Black Eyed Peas song "I Got A Feeling" is more popular than any Elvis or Simon and Garfunkel song.
6. Celine Dion's "Falling Into You" sold more copies than any Bruce Springsteen, Nirvana or Queen record.
7. Same with Shania Twain's "Come on Over"
8. Katy Perry holds the same record as Michael Jackson for most number one singles off of one album.
9. Barbara Streisand has sold more records (140 million) than Pearl Jam, Johnny Cash and Tom Petty combined.
10. People actually bought Billy Ray Cyrus' album "Some Gave All".... 20 million people! More than any Bob Marley album.
11. The cast of "Glee" has had more songs on the charts than the Beatles.
12. And my favorite.... this guy actually exists.