Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Sad News About Levon Helm

I just read a very sad note that just came across the website for Levon Helm, the drummer-singer of one of my favorite groups....the Band.

"Levon is in the final stages of his battle with cancer. Please send your prayers and love to him as he makes his way through this part of his journey. Thank you fans and music lovers who have made his life so filled with joy and celebration... he has loved nothing more than to play, to fill the room up with music, lay down the back beat, and make the people dance! He did it every time he took the stage."

Helm was diagnosed with throat cancer in the late 1990s. He recovered, but it took him many years to recover his singing voice. 

This is such sad news. I can't even explain to you how much I love the Band and how much I love Levon and his voice. Just so sad....Here is my favorite performance from 'The Last Waltz'. 

May you go easy Levon...

No comments:

Post a Comment