Monday, April 2, 2012

Slash Sets Record Straight

(awesome picture of slash provided by Rollingstone.com)

Slash gave a very revealing interview to Rolling Stone Magazine about the probability of the boys in Guns N' Roses burying the hatchet and playing together during their April 14th induction into the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. And well, I don't think anyone was surprised to hear what he had to say.

"This is a subject I'm dead sick of talking about. Everyone has been asking me what's going to happen, and they know as much as I do. I feel you're totally obligated to be present and I would love to fucking play, but its just something that's not gonna happen for whatever reason." Slash said to the magazine. 

Slash, bassist Duff and drummer Steven Adler have all committed to going to the ceremony but its unclear if Izzy or Axl will be there. Its been well documented that the relationship between Slash and Axl has not been too great in recent years. Axl called Slash a "cancer" in 2009. 

Slash went on to state "He hates my guts. Its over a lot of different stuff; I don't even know. There's just no communication between us. I talk to Duff and Steven, but when it comes to old Guns N' Roses, there really isn't anybody that makes decisions." 

Its sad that they can't put aside their differences for one night to highlight the amazing work they did as a band.  But that is just the way rock and roll is sometimes, and again with this crew I don't think anybody is surprised. Either way it will be interesting to see who shows up that night.

Head over to Rollingstone.com to read the full article.

No comments:

Post a Comment