Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mamika. My New Hero.

On September 8th of this next year I turn 30 years old. Ahhhhh. While I'm not freaking out about this too much it is one of those ages that makes you stop and think about where you are in the world and where you want to go. And while I do not claim to know much about where I'm headed like the David Bowie quote that I love "I don't know where I'm going next but I know it won't be boring". That is about all that I do know. I do know that I want to keep my life fresh and interesting. I want to keep doing those things I love, hanging out with people who make me happy and most of all to continue to laugh. I think if I can acomplish those three things this next decade will not be too bad. And if there are those days that I'm feeling down about myself or my age all I have to do is think..... What would Mamika do?

Oh you don't know who Mamika is?? Let me explain.

More than just her nickname, Mamika is an incredible project that grew from the relationship between French photographer Sacha Goldberg and his adorable Hungarian grandmother. After her fourth husband died, Mamika was feeling lonely and depressed. To cheer her up, Sacha asked her to pose for some portraits. At first she was reserved but that didn't last long. Soon she was dressing up in wacky outfits and striking some outlandish poses. She is my new hero. Take a look at some of these photos.








No comments:

Post a Comment