Thursday, April 12, 2012

Axl Declines Rock and Roll HOF Induction

Well after weeks and weeks of speculation we finally have an answer. Guns N Roses will not be inducted together into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. In a letter written yesterday Axl Rose has put the breaks on any chance of that happening, he states that he will not only not be there but he denies the entire induction of his name into the hall. 

"I respectfully decline my induction as a member of Guns N' Roses to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I strongly request that I not be inducted in absentia and please know that no one is authorized nor may anyone be permitted to accept any induction for me or speak on my behalf. Neither former members, label representatives nor the Rock and Roll HOF should imply whether directly, indirectly or by omission that I am included in any purported induction of Guns N Roses."

He goes on to attack the former members of the band about issues that stem from years and years ago. 

Axl is not the first person to decline the HOF induction. The Sex Pistols did the same in 2006. 

Not to surprised by this move by Axl but I do think it is a shame for the fans who are dying to see them all back together again. Oh well.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment