Monday, February 8, 2010

Dance Party

Well happy Monday everyone. I'm in a great mood for a few reasons. First, the New Orleans Saints upset the nation last night and brought home the Super Bowl to a well deserved city. Second, I had a fantastic weekend filled with snow, Polaroid pictures, food and sleep. Thats right for what is the second full weekend in a row I was snowed into my apartment with little to do but bake, watch dvds and clean my living room five times. To most people this would annoy them but not me. I enjoy the break from normal life and being forced to do nothing and relax. I usually spend my weekends running around in circles trying to complete everything on my "list of things to do" and never spend the weekends the way they are meant to be spent. Relaxing. And finally the last reason to be really happy today, well thats easy. Why not?

I realized yesterday that it has been exactly one year since I was laid off from the American Heart Association. I thought that that day was the end of my life, that all my hard work was for nothing, that I was going to have to move back home to Jersey....eeekkks! Little did I know that getting my pink slip started off a series of events dramatically changing my life for the better. This last year I have done more things I ever thought possible. I landed a fantastic new job, I've threw myself out of a plane, I've taken chances, I've lost, I've won, I've traveled, I've laughed, I've cried. I most have all have had a fantastic time doing all of it. So yeah that is my third reason on why I'm happy today. I am happy because today is here. Because today gives me another opportunity to do the things that make me happy.

So in honor of all that is good today I bring to you a dance party. "The New Deal" are headed back to Richmond at the end of the month and I could not be more excited. I started seeing them a few years ago and absolutely fell in love. All you need to understand about this crew is that they throw down. The shows are like parties, and you leave feeling like you have run a marathon. I can not wait to see them again! So for you today here is a video about their new live record release. Enjoy and have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment