Thursday, February 4, 2010

Gabourey Sidibe

Okay, well I know this is a music blog but sometimes pop culture crosses over and I feel the need to share. Gabourey Sidibe is single handedly making this years Hollywood award season absolutely incredible. For those who don't know, she played the lead role in the movie Precious, based on the Novel Push. Her harrowing portrayal of a down on her luck drop out pregnant teenage student who is put through more things than most of us can't even imagine, is downright jaw dropping. When I saw this movie, I actually had a hard time watching it just because of how real she made her character. I didn't know much about her before the movie but I was excited to see how different she was from her character in real life.

Gabourey never dreamed that she would be put in the spot that she is in. Reason being, she was just a regular old college student in NYC before she skipped class to audition for this role. Yes thats right, she was not an acting student, it wasn't even on her radar. Yet when she heard about the audition for this movie, she knew that she would be a perfect fit. Let me tell you the personality on this girl is one that we all should strive to match. She is down to earth, funny, beautiful, real, emotional, young. She is everything that a young actress should be. Downright excited to be living the life she is living.

She has been making the rounds on the talk show circuits and I have found some of her interviews to be downright hilarious. I want to meet this girl, hang out with her and tell her how fabulous she really is. Oh yeah and she was nominated for an Oscar on Tuesday. How awesome is that!

Here is her on Conan:

No comments:

Post a Comment