Tuesday, February 2, 2010

HHH Celebrates 25 Years


Well today I have spent a good portion of my day creating this video (which most likely will bomb). All credit is due to my mother who sat me down at Christmas and made me listen to this song Thankful by Josh Groban. Man can that guy sing. The song instantly made me think about the work that I do and the wonderful volunteers I interact with on a daily basis at the Hospitality House. They make my job and life very enjoyable, so today is their day. A bit of thanks from me, for all of their hard work.

Fyi: To anyone who doesn't know I work for Richmond's Hospital Hospitality House which is bascially a "home away from home" for people who live outside Richmond yet have family members at VCU Hospital. Its a small donation of $10 a night to stay, and we have an average number of 167 guests each night. This year we are celebrating our 25th year and 100,000th guest. I have been Director of Volunteers for just over 10 months now, and I have to say its by far the most rewarding 10 months of my entire life.

Thank you to all involved!! Enjoy the video!!

No comments:

Post a Comment