Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Maxwell's Silver Hammer

Okay I know what you are all thinking. Katie that is a sick song and why would you do a post out about it. Simple, growing up it was my favorite song. I was lucky to grow up in a house with a lot of Beatles music, they were my moms favorite band so we grew up in appreciation of what they do and the music they played. I remember early on I owned the Beatles, Abbey Road album and absolutely fell in love. I used to sit up in my room and play the songs on my cd player over and over and over. Yet there was always one song in particular that I loved more than most. Yes, "Maxwell's Silver Hammer" was that song, the song about the medical student that kills people. I never said I was normal.

I don't think I knew at the time the gravity of the lyrics that McCartney was talking about but I sure did love the light fluffy tune. They used humor in the lyrics and made the tough subject somewhat approachable. Again, no idea why I took such a liking to this song but I do remember vividly how happy it made me.

Which is exactly why I am posting this video. I stumbled across it this morning and I have had a smile across my face ever since!

No comments:

Post a Comment