Thursday, February 11, 2010

Just Breathe

Pearl Jam is back. Well fortunately for the music world Pearl Jam never really went anywhere, they just dropped a little off the main stream. Well driving to work this morning I was reminded why they are probably one of the better bands of my lifetime. I feel like I grew up with Pearl Jam, songs like Alive, Even Flow, Daughter, Go and Black, were songs that played a big part of my youth. I have memories of my brothers and I watching their Jeremy music video and then my mother promptly walking in saw the images on the screen and quickly put it into the "DeMaio Ban List" (along with the Simpsons...) Towards the end of high school into college Pearl Jam went more underground. Eddie Vedder played a lot more low key venues, trying to tone down the pressure of being so popular. It worked with the release of his first solo album, the soundtrack to the movie Into the Wild. On the album, the cover of the Beatles hit "You've got to hide your love away", went on to major US success when the movie was released to raved reviews.

Slowly Pearl Jam has been forging their way back into the main stream, and nothing helps them more than with the release of their new album "Backspacer" and latest single called "Just Breathe". This song is what Vedder calls "as close to a love song as we've ever gotten". Its certainly a song that tugs on the heart strings. The lyrics tell the story in a simple way, meaning any listener can match it to their story if they choose.

Enjoy the latest from one of the greatest....

No comments:

Post a Comment