Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Straight Up Now....This Guy Is Good

So preparing for what is yet another snow day here in Richmond. Yet not really. It snowed really hard this morning causing a white out for about an hour causing everyone to panic and everything to be closed/canceled. I can't say that I can complain about this, I have yet another day to do what I do best. Relax.

Last night while doing a massive overhaul of my apartment I had the new season of American Idol on in the background. Now I must admit there is some point in every season where I get sucked in. Maybe for one week, maybe for two. Its usually towards the end and I usually have a clear favorite that everyone hates but I love (Aka Carly Smithson - Click Here). So last night was the "Hollywood Rounds", and I usually never ever watch these for two reasons. First 4 out of 5 of these kids absolutely suck the life out of me, secondly I hate watching peoples dreams be crushed, no matter how bad they are. So last night I figured since I wasn't really watching it wouldn't hurt to have it on in the background.

Well I'm certainly glad I did. There were two performances that caused me to stop what I was doing in the other room and literally run for the TV. The following two performances are just good. There is no other way to describe them. These are two individuals that were given a stage with a national audience and two minutes to show off their talent. I think that they did mighty fine.

The first is Andrew Garcia singing the former judge Paula Idols old school classic "Straight Up". This was a huge gamble that probably should have been terrible, but it turned out fantastic.

Second we have Crystal Bowersox. Her infectious personality is matched by her talent and this girl just comes out and gives it her all. She easily has the best voice in the competition so far.

Now these two are my favorites. We will see how far they go. With my luck probably won't even make the show, but either way good for them for giving it their all.

2 comments:

  1. you're seriously blogging about your reactions to american idol contestants? really?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes I am. If you didn't read the title its called NONJUDGMENTAL DARIA....:)

    ReplyDelete