Friday, February 5, 2010

Suprise Suprise

Well Richmond is gearing up for yet another snow day. I really thought that I was moving to Virginia to get away from not all the weather, but most of these crazy snowstorms. But no. Not this year. This year I have seen more snow fall in the city than the last five years combined. Now thats crazy. I will never really complain about the snow because its pretty, shuts down the city, and really forces me to take a few days to myself.

But really snow, why is it that all three major snowstorms this winter have all fallen on a Saturday. Would it really be to hard to come down on a Wednesday and force me out of work for a few days? Yeah I know that would just be too easy.

So to prepare the east coast for this monstrous snowstorm I have made up a "Snow Day Playlist". Enjoy!

-Elliot Smith - "Snow Song"
-The Mountain Goats - "Snow Angel"
-Regina Spektor - "20 Years of Snow"
-Belle & Sebastian - "Fox in the Snow"
-Horse Feathers - "Blood in the Snow"
-The White Stripes - "Cold Cold Night"
-Simon and Garfunkel - "Hazy Shade of Winter"
-Blind Boys of Alabama - "In the Bleak Midwinter"
-Sufjan Stevens - "Sister Winter"
-They Might Be Giants - "When it Rains it Snows"

And here is Tori Amos with "Winter".


No comments:

Post a Comment