Thursday, February 18, 2010

Incredible

So I'm completely addicted to the Olympics. This happens every single time the Olympics come on, I tell myself that I will not bend over backwards and stay up until 2 in the morning watching these events. Well where was I at 2 a.m. last night? Thats right. Watching some speed skating. While like everyone else I enjoy the summer Olympics a bit better, you can not deny that the winter games are not bad ass. With such events as the skeleton, snowboarding, ski jumping, and short track is easy to get swept up in these games.

I by far love snowboarding the best. I think its a spectacular sport because its still being figured out. The fact that last night the gold medal run was made by American Shaun White who basically invented all of his own tricks is unbelievable. What other sport is so revolutionary where Shauns Gold medal run from 4 years ago wouldn't have even gotten him into the finals this year.

And bravo to Shaun for being this sports ambassador. He has all the pressure in the world on him, and he is never seen without a smile on. I believe that one of the reasons why everyone enjoys the sport and the athletes involved is that they have fun. And isn't that the dream? To have fun and win a Gold medal all at once?

Check out what Shaun did to prepare for these games....this is incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment