Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Guaranteed


I've talked about having one of these moments before. A moment when a song lyric comes in through your ears and your world changes for that moment. You think of things a little different, you see things a little bit more clear and for that moment you are completely at peace with the music. 

I'm lucky that I am able to recognize these moments as they come, stop and appreciate them. I mean isn't that what this whole life game is all about. Stopping to smell the roses, taking time to appreciate the little things? 

This is the moment that caught me last night. It was the final cut of the album. An album that I listened to in full in my apartment last night. It was thunder storming outside and it was for a moment I was in complete peace. It was wonderful. 

"Everyone I come across in cages they bought
They think of me and my wandering, but I'm never what they thought
I've got my indignation, but I'm pure in all my thoughts
I'm alive...

Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere
Underneath my being is a road that disappeared
Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead
Overhead

Leave it to me as I find a way to be
Consider me a satalite, forever orbiting
I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me
Guaranteed."

No comments:

Post a Comment