Friday, March 25, 2011

Tiny Dancer

 
Whenever I hear this next song I'm instantly put back to the age of 20. This movie was very important to my friends and I in college. There was something about it that rang true for all of us. We all loved it, we all watched it, we all sang at the top of our lungs when this scene would come on. 


Its also the perfect scene for a song to completely take over the movie. Its also a great song to put an end to the soundtrack week I have had here. Its been fun, and well moving forward I will probably try and find more of these themes to do. 

Until then I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes from the movie...
"Some people have a hard time explaining rock n roll. I don't think anyone can really explain rock n roll. Maybe Pete Townshend, but thats okay. Rock n roll is a lifestyle and a way of thinking...and its not about money and popularity. Although, some money would be nice. But its a voice that says "Here I am...and fuck you if you can't understand me". And one of these people is gonna save the world. And that means rock n roll save the world....all of us together..... But what it all comes down to is that thing. The indefinable thing when people catch something in your music". 

No comments:

Post a Comment