Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rise Up

Final post of the day and final song that I want to feature from the "Into the Wild" soundtrack. 

Rise Up is a song that basically captures the story that the movie is trying to portray. I read the book back in high school and it forever changed my life. I followed the production of the movie, and was very happy to see the finished product. 

Based on a true story after graduation from Emory University in 1990, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandoned his possessions, gave his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhiked to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters who shape his life.

If you have not read this book, just ask me, I have at least 3 copies. I read it least once a year. For me its the story of freedom. To many its the story of stupidity. Either way the man did what he wanted to and achieved his lifelong dream. 

Can't sum it up much better than this song.
Have a good evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment