Friday, September 10, 2010

Radiohead - All I Need

What can I say about this next band that has not already been said over and over again. I was reminded of this while watching the "Top 100 Artists of All Time" last night on VH1 when I came across them at number 29. For me, Radiohead easily makes my list in the top 15 and for good reason. They are easily THE most creative /innovative /ballsiest band that has came around in the last 2o years.

Wow that was the easiest sentence I have written in a while.

The following video off of their spectacular album In Rainbows is for the song "All I Need" and well the video is one for the record books. Radiohead joined with MTV in an effort to bring wide attention to human trafficking. They tell the story of two boys in parallel stories one of a little boy in the West and one of a little boy in a sweatshop in the East. The whole concept and execution of the video is quite powerful and worth the watch.

Bravo to Radiohead and to MTV for doing what they could to bring awareness to such an important issue plaguing our world right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment