Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Things You Didn't Know About Rock and Roll!


Crazy busy today so I thought I would do another little fun day. How about posting some facts about rock and roll that well maybe you didn't know about yet. Some things like Led Zeppelins famous "Black Dog" was named merely because a black dog walked into the studio while recording! I didn't know that...did you?

So today I'll bring you some fun interesting facts. Like...Beyonce is only 11 months older than me (that doesn't make me feel like a slacker I promise you). 

So here are some more for you to throw into the back of your brain for the next time you play Trivial Pursuit: 

-Nirvanas classic "Smells Like Teen Spirit" really was named after the deodorant of that name. 

-Elton Johns real name is Reg Dwight; Slash's real name is Saul Hudson

-Malcom Young used to play the solos in AC/DC, until one day he told his brother "You do them...cuz they keep busy the hand I use for drinking"

-"Yesterday" first appeared in 1965. By 1967 there were 466 versions of the song. Today there are more than 4000 versions. 

- Bob Dylan said in his school yearbook that his ultimate dream was being in Little Richard's band. 

No comments:

Post a Comment