Tuesday, February 21, 2012

20 Greatest Songs of 1960s

I was over wasting time at Pitchfork.com and found some pretty cool lists. Their staff comes together every once in a while and votes on their favorite songs and albums from certain decades. Its no surprise that my eyes instantly went to the 1960s lists. I loved the music from this decade, I am lucky that I had parents that listened to a lot of it and made it part of my childhood. Can you imagine being a fan of music and watching it go through everything its been through over the last 50 years? Yeah me either...

Here are their favorite songs from the 1960s. Its not too bad either, just a few rearranging from me and I would be 100% cool with it.

20. The Shangri-Las Out in the Street
19. The Beatles - Tomorrow Never Knows
18. The Chrystals - Then He Kissed Me
17. CCR - Fortunate Son
16. The Stooges - I Wanna be Your Dog
15. Aretha Franklin - Think
14. Beach Boys - Don't Worry Baby
13. The Band - The Weight
12. Rolling Stones - Gimme Shelter
11. Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused
10. Desmond Dekker - Israelites 
9. The Who - I Can't Explain
8. Johnny Cash - Folsom Prison Blues
7. The Beach Boys - Wouldn't It Be Nice
6. The Ronettes - Be My Baby
5. The Beatles - Day in the Life
4. Bob Dylan - Like a Rolling Stone
3. Sam Cooke - Change Is Gonna Come
2. Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
1. Beach Boys - God Only Knows

Visit their website to see the list of the top 200.

No comments:

Post a Comment