Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Only God Knows - Beach Boys

I'm posting this song even after the disaster that was their performance on the Grammy Awards Sunday night. I used to listen to a whole lot of Beach Boys when I was younger. Their greatest hits was one of my first cassette tapes and I remember this next song was on it, and I used to listen to it, rewind, replay, rewind, replay and rewind. It never got old to me. How could it?

"I may not always love you
But long as there are stars above you
You never need to doubt it 
I'll make you so sure about it

God only knows what I'd be without you
If you should ever leave me 
Though life would still go on believe me
The world could show nothing to me
So what good would living do me

God only knows what I'd be without you
God only knows what I'd be without you"

No comments:

Post a Comment