Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Repost: What Happened?

This is a repost of a blog article I wrote on June 3rd, 2010, its about a man named Matt Nathanson. I was talking about him again last night and it reminded me of this fantastic song. So I'm just going to repost the entire article. 

"What Happened?
Meet Matt Nathanson, you may have heard his name for some of his song have hit the radio pretty big. But like most artists, its his underground work, the stuff made years and years ago that really is his best. Like this song "Bulletproof Weeks".

Many interpret this is a song about the end of a long relationship when he misses those carefree happy days, about looking back. I see it a little different.

I see it about looking back but not at a relationship but at a world. At NYC in general (so many nyc references). I think its about the world before 9/11. About a simpler time, a time when you could hear the trains outside your window, where lovers are playing in the streets without a care or a worry. Its a time that most of us would like to go back to, and its not wrong to sometimes sit back and ask, what happened to that?

To each its own.

No comments:

Post a Comment