I pause the daily posting of music for a post on one of the other joys in life. Beer. Now while I'm not the biggest beer snob on the planet, I do only enjoy drinking good beer. Please no Budweiser for me. Every now and again its nice to sit down with a nice good beer and relax.
I just found an article naming the "Top 20 Craft Breweries in the U.S." and found the results quite interesting and thought I would share. I will also now try and track down and try the ones that I have not yet... mission 2012 accepted.
Side note: Craft brewers are breweries that produce 6 million barrels of beer or less annually, they also often use traditional methods to create their malts.
Listed in order, with city of brewery and most popular brand.
20. Great Lakes Brewing - Cleveland, Ohio - Dortmunder Gold
19. Long Trail Brewing - Bridgewater, Vt - Double Bag Ale
18. Abita Brewing - Abita Springs, La - Abita IPA
17. Shipyard Brewing - Portland, Maine - Shipyard Export Ale
16. Alaskan Brewing - Juneau, Alaska - Alaskan Amber
15. Brooklyn Brewery - Brooklyn, NY - Brooklyn Lager
14. Dogfish Head Brewery - Milton, Del - 60 Minute IPA
13. Stone Brewing - Escondido, Calif - Stone IPA
12. Boulevard Brewing - Kansas City, Mo - Single-Wide IPA
11. Lagunitas Brewing - Petaluma, Calif - Lagunitas IPA
10. Harpoon Brewery - Boston, Mass - Harpoon IPA
9. Bell's Brewery - Galesberg, Mich - Bell's Lager
8. Matt's Brewing - Utica, NY - Saranac
7. Deschutes Brewery - Bend, Ore. - Red Chair NWPA
6. Magic Hat Brewery - Burlington, Vt - #9
5. Spoetzl Brewery - Shiner, Tx - Shiner Bock
4. Craft Brew Alliance - Portland, Ore - Red Hook
3. New Belgium Brewing - Fort Collins, Co - Fat Tire
2. Sierra Nevada Brewing - Chico, Calif - S.N. Pale Ale
1. The Boston Beer Company - Jamica Plane, Mass - Samuel Adams