Wednesday, February 15, 2012

But First.... Rosalita

"Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)" was the highlight of countless Springsteen live shows during the E Street Band's original incarnation between 1973 to 1988. In the 1990s the band had enough and only played in in extremely special occasions in New Jersey. In 1999 (the year I saw  my first Bruce show) the reunited E Street Band played a unprecidented 15 night stand at NJ Continental Airlines Arena. Most nights the fans held up signs for "Rosalita", but Springsteen didn't budge until the very last night. "Its been a great gift being able to stand up here and make this music come alive and to look out into your faces" he told the crowd before the final song. "How could I say thanks? I knew there's a way. I'm sure there's a way. I haven't seen any of those stupid signs. So maybe just once..." He broke out Rosalita. 


No comments:

Post a Comment