Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Soul Train Creator Don Cornelius Found Dead

Sad sad news in the music world this morning...

Don Cornelius, the man that was behind the classic 1971-2006 dance show Soul Train, was found dead this morning from an apparent suicide in his Sherman Oaks, California home. 

He was 75.

I don't know about any of you, but I've spent a lot of time in my day watching soul train dance line videos on youtube. They are the best! Not only is there fantastic music, but the dance moves some of these people had were just incredible (I don't even have to mention the outfits, thats a given). 

Thank you Don for giving young people a stage to express themselves in this form at a time where this was virtually unheard of. You will certainly be missed.

Now one of my favorite clips from the show featuring the music of Earth, Wind and Fire!

No comments:

Post a Comment