Wednesday, February 15, 2012

People Cover Bruce... All The Time!

People love some Bruce Springsteen, and who can blame them. If I could play the piano or the guitar I know his songbook would be one of the first ones I would pick up. I heard a story once about Lady Gaga that said when she was learning the piano her parents were such big Bruce fans that they told her they would buy her a baby grand and start taking her seriously only after she could complete the full "Thunder Road" from start to finish. She played until her fingers bleed, and got her baby grand.

Here are some covers of Bruce songs that may be of interest to you.

First up Josh Ritter with an amazing stripped down version of "The River"


Next is Sara Bareilles with "I'm On Fire" 


And finally after talking about it earlier here is Rage Against the Machine with "The Ghost of Tom Joad" taped at Woodstock 1999

No comments:

Post a Comment