Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Backstreets

Have I said yet how much fun I'm having today putting together this list. Everyone should have a Bruce Day! Trust me its fun!! 

In my opinion this is one of the top three Bruce songs... easy. Its one of those ones that I drop everything for when it comes on, I just turn the volume up and close my eyes. Even just the piano at the beginning gives off this incredible vibe, its amazing. Its an intense story about a broken relationship; a tale of losing a lover where the narrator seems more concerned about losing her as a friend. 

The last verse of this song is so heartbreaking... you can feel it in his voice when he sings these words. Its also an example of some of the fine songwriting work this man has done. 

"Laying here in the dark you're like an angel on my chest
Just another tramp of hearts crying tears of faithlessness
Remember all the movies, Terry, we'd go see
Trying to learn how to walk like heroes we thought we had to be
And after all this time to find we're just like the rest
Stranded in the park and forced to confess
To hiding on the backstreets, hiding on the backstreets
We swore forever friends on the backstreets until the end
Hiding on the backstreets, hiding on the backstreets"

No comments:

Post a Comment