Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Always

This throwback will take you all the way back to the year 1995. Its my 7th grade dance at Borough School. This is the song that ended the dance, we grabbed our boyfriends of the time and hit the dance floor. Bon Jovi was every Jersey girls dream. Not only was he hot as hell in his bandanna but he sang songs like these with lyrics that just pulled at your heart strings. "I'll be there till the sun don't shine, till the heavens burst and the words don't rhyme. I know when I'll die you'll be on my mind, and I'll love you always!"

I mean really to a middle schooler thats like crack. Its the only thing that we wanted to hear at the time. Every time I hear these lyrics, "If you told me to cry for you I could , if you told me to die for you, I would!" I am transported back to the 7th grade back to lying in my bed at night truly thinking that if it wasn't my boyfriend then someday someone will sing these lyrics to me.

It truly was my Jersey dream. And don't even get me started on the fantastic video made for the song. Keri Russel playing the chick on the side. Its so awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment