Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Strangely Beautiful


I find this song to be strangely beautiful.
Dashboard Confessional - Hell on the Throat (Acoustic)

A line of a strands to mark the trail
No one said it would be easy
I must admit I thought the risk
Was better waged in younger seasons

And all these years in the cold play hell on the throat
'Till everything I say burns like cinders
Well, its hard to belong to a girl or a song
In the crease of a strangling winter
It's strange to be lost, stranger to belong
On the strings of a twisting line

Along the way the turns are sharp
No one said it would be easy
I must admit I thought the trip
Was better made in the younger seasons

But all these years in pursuit made a man of a fool
'Till every word I say is unwavered
Well, its hard to belong to a girl or a song
In the case of a selfish believer
Its strange to be lost, stranger still to belong
On the strings of the twisting line

And when the path I have made from the grass to the grave
I will love you still
And when the sand turns to glass and all that's left is the past
I will still love you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment