Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Who is Jounce?

There are many answers to that question, and it all depends on who you ask. To the unknown they are a band made up of childhood friends from my home state of NJ, to their parents they are simply known as Joe, Matt, Brian and Dan, to kids in their late 20s the lead singer was one of the main characters on Nickelodeon's hit tv show Pete and Pete, yet to me they are four of the coolest guys who no matter when I see them its guaranteed to be a good time.

The Jounce boys and I go way back, back to college where I was good friends with the drummer of the band, Joe. Joe had been known around JMU as a kick ass drummer and we always would hear him talk about this band that he was in with his friends from NJ. By the end of college Jounce had played a few shows in the Burg and we had gotten to know the rest of the crew very well. Then after JMU when we all decided to move to the Outer Banks in N.C. Jounce came down a few times to give us what was hands down some of the more epic nights inside that house. I have one word for everyone who was there. KELLYS.

I guess you can say the rest is history. I can confidently say that I do not like these guys just because they play some kick ass tunes, but they are good people. They still come through Richmond at least once a year or so as their tour allows, and we still go out see them rage with them, and party down. These guys are just fun, fun to hang out with, fun to visit with, fun to go out on phish tour with, just fun all around.

I will end it with this. Jounce is not just one of your friends bands who enjoys to play on weekends. These guys are legit. They are based out of nyc, have released albums, they have a kick ass website (www.jounce.org) and keep producing more and more music as we speak.

I'm proud to call these guys my friends, and I'm proud to spread their music to the masses. Enjoy their video for their song Who Hates the Office.

1 comment: